Today, frameworks have become a primary stage of the web development process. Read about the trendiest frontend and backend frameworks you can use.
How to Choose Frameworks in 2023?
Web developers worldwide use frameworks to create intuitive, interactive, and functional websites and applications. The web product consists of a frontend (client part) and a backend (server part). So what is the difference between websites built with Django, Spring, or Laravel?
What Are Frameworks?
A framework is a software environment that simplifies and speeds up software creation. When using frameworks, you write only the code that implements the logic specific to your product. You do not have to independently provide work with the database, authentication, session support, etc. All this is implemented in frameworks.
How the Framework Works
To understand what frameworks are, you can imagine building a house.
- The first option is to use a ready-made standard project. It will consider methods of pouring the foundation, location of communications, and thermal insulation of walls. But at the same time, it is impossible to change the layout, affecting the load-bearing structures.
- The second option is to prepare a plan yourself from scratch. Without design experience, there is a high probability of building a house unsuitable for living.
Frameworks work in the same way. The developer uses a ready-made template and fills it with his code. Frameworks are responsible for the program’s stability: work with databases and the file system, error processing, and password protection.
Why Are Frameworks Needed?
Tasks are common to various websites, web applications, and other products. This includes routing, database interaction, user authentication, session support, protection against web attacks, caching, separation of logic from presentation, and more. Creating code to perform these tasks every time is an unnecessary waste of time and effort. The code for performing such tasks is implemented in frameworks.
Developers use the framework to create a complex site or application. The use of CMS, in this case, is irrational since it will have to be adjusted to the features of the selected system. And frameworks do not limit the developer. They give him more opportunities and, at the same time, simplify development because all the main methods have already been created.
This is blank for work. This word means “frame.” Frameworks are used not to reinvent the wheel and write the entire structure of the site on your own. Methods of ensuring the security of the developed application are also thought out.
Sites on frameworks work faster than sites on CMS. And if something needs to be improved, it is much easier to find a developer than for a CMS site.
The frameworks are suitable for large projects and online stores with more than 5,000 items. Stores often do not use CMS because the engine cannot cope with an extensive production volume and starts to slow down.
Frameworks help web developers solve many issues, including:
- Make it possible to control each stage of web development;
- Speed up the work process;
- Simplify work on the application;
- Allow you to focus on application-specific logic;
- Separate logic from representation;
- Implement the basic functionality of the web product.
Features of Web Frameworks
Any programmer using a specific framework can work with any project based on it. Thanks to the standard structure, tasks can be easily modified and expanded in functionality.
Efficiency and Simplicity
Using a framework is faster and cheaper than writing code from scratch. Web frameworks can automatically generate specific application parts or the entire project structure. This is very important for beginning developers. This approach makes it possible to increase development speed and standardize the code base.
Frameworks allow you to avoid errors. Regarding the degree of security, solutions based on frameworks are superior to self-written systems and not inferior to CMS. They work faster and withstand a higher load than self-written systems and CMS.
Identification tools allow you to allow or deny access to framework functions. Also, security tools recognize profiles that use the application to avoid clickjacking, a method of fraud when an attacker gains access to the user’s personal information and devices.
Developing specific functionality on frameworks can take more time than using a CMS. Frameworks contain the main components of application-level business logic, so some functions are implemented individually.
Trendiest Frameworks in 2023
- Ruby on Rails
- Spring MVC
How to Choose a Web Developer
Here are three popular situations web developers often meet:
- The customer comes with a ready-made requirement for one or another framework. This happens if, for example, he has a support team.
- The client requests a framework but is open to dialogue and is ready to change his decision if we show that the option we offer is more profitable and better suited to implementing project tasks.
- The customer asks us to analyze and understand the framework best for making an IT product. In most cases, this is Python since, in the future, it will be easier to find developers to support the project, and the development itself will be less expensive compared to, for example, Angular.
- There are several criteria for choosing a framework/library: the scale of the project, transparency and understanding of the functionality that needs to be implemented, the presence of specialists on the market, and the level of their expertise.
Any framework is designed to simplify the life of programmers at the stages of architecture creation, development, and project support. In addition, frameworks at the architectural level include many optimization principles.
We recommend working with agencies. They will orient you according to the budget, offer different solutions, choose a framework and do everything “turnkey” – you will not need to coordinate the work of several people. In addition:
- Several people will handle your site, and each of them is a specialist in his niche;
- They usually conclude a contract with prescribed fines for missing deadlines, and it is more difficult to “press” on a freelancer;
- It is easier to control the agency’s work – usually, the studios offer different frameworks, tools, layouts, and improvements.